Update on 2019.10.02, 17:00 IST
I have completed writing (more like somehow filling in the contents for) the alpha version of the outline document. However, it is not at all readable. So, I am not in a position to be able to distribute it even as a private communication. (Talking besides the black-board is so much easier to do!)
By now, the outline document alone runs into 18 pages (some of the contents being repetitive). The background document has become another 12 pages. Editing 30 pages should take at least about a week or so, if not a little more.
So, no promises, but chances are good that both these documents could get finalized and distributed within the next 7 to 10 days.
In the meanwhile, feel free to look for the other things on this blog, and bye for now.
Update over; original post, below the fold.
0. As mentioned here earlier, I have been in the process of writing a point-by-point outline document on my new approach to quantum mechanics.
1. A certain preliminary version of the outline document was completed on the afternoon of 4th February 2019. It is about 10 pages long, and roughly at a pre-alpha stage. Separately, there also has been an additional document covering some of the background material for understanding QM. (An earlier version of this background document was posted here at this blog few days ago—too bad if you never noticed it—bad, for you, that is.) It too has been under expansion and revision; currently it stands at a total of further 10 pages (i.e in addition to the outline document).
2. As things usually go at such a stage (i.e., in the stages before the alpha), certain mistakes (including some basic conceptual errors too) were noticed even in the main document, but only after it was “carefully” completed. Currently, these are being addressed.
3. In case you are wondering about the nature of the inadvertent errors or lacunae:
Contrary to what many people might be expecting from me:
3.1: First, errors or lacunae were mainly found not regarding my new ideas concerning the measurement postulate, but rather with the more philosophical ideas concerning the quantum-physical ontology!
3.2: Second, perhaps then not very surprisingly, lacunae were also found on the more applied side of the QM postulates, especially regarding the many- particles systems and quantum entanglement.
The nature of the lacunae / errors somehow gives me a confidence that the basic ideas of my new approach themselves should be right!
4. Pre-release versions starting from the (upcoming) alpha version could perhaps be made available to select physicists, as a private communication. …
… Of course, it is a different matter altogether that I think that none would be interested in the same. (Indian and American physicists and others think that way, anyway!)
… But still, if interested, drop me a line, and I will consider having you on the distribution list (which is expected not to carry more than 8–10 people at the most, so as to keep my own email communications and the attendant diversions and confusions down to the minimum so that I myself the jobless could at all handle it).
5. The Release Candidate should get posted at iMechanica, but only for the purposes of securing an external “time-stamp”—not so much for the purposes of discussions. (The focus of iMechanica is obviously different; it’s much more on the classical engineering side—which fact I love.)
6. I will try to finish the alpha by this week-end.
The next milestones until the final release (or even the release candidates) will be decided once the alpha is actually at the hand.
7. I will announce the availability of the alpha at this blog via a separate post.
A song I like:
(Hindi) “teraa meraa pyaar amar, phir bhee mujh ko lagataa hai Dar…”
Singer: Lata Mangeshkar
[No specific order is being implied by the order of the credits. … In other words, I can’t decide on it. Not for this song.]
First written on my private machine: Wednesday 06 February 2019 08:35:32 AM IST
First finalized here: Wednesday 06 February 2019 11:31:05 PM IST